Barista - Dartford
Looking for a new opportunity as a Barista? Or maybe you want to move up a level and take on more responsibility?
Look no further as we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced trainee Barista to take a step up and provide the highest level of customer service to clients and customers.
The successful Barista will be responsible for the following:
- Taking orders and payments whilst assembling customer orders which may include food and drink
- Efficiently preparing and serving customers’ barista prepared drinks to brand standards
- Ensure espresso is dialled in to recipe standards
- Always serve appropriate drinks with latte art
- Maintain standards of cleanliness at your workstation, ensuring opening and closing checklists are followed at all times
- Ensure the coffee area is stocked and ready for busy service periods
- Understand how to complete grind and dose checks on your grinder and espresso machine
- Follow stock management procedures for coffee, milk and all other drink ingredients
- Complete SCA Intermediate Barista Skills & Foundation Brewing within the next 12 months
- Hunger and desire to grow and develop along the barista career journey
- You care about quality and have passion for delivering exceptional service that is relevant to each customer
- You can multitask, working in rhythm and sequence with a team
- You stay calm under pressure and show initiative when you see something that needs to get done
- Experience working in a hospitality environment
- £9 per hour. 35 hours per week.
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
Medirest Retail, part of Medirest, is passionate about delivering excellent products, standards and customer service to patients, staff and visitors in over 50 NHS hospitals around the UK through convenience and catering retail formats. The portfolio comprises many high street brand franchises including Costa Coffee and M&S Simply Food as well as a selection of in-house brands.