Ward Host/Hostess - BMI Gisburne Park Hospital
We have an exciting opportunity for a Ward Host to join our lovely catering team at BMI Gisburne Park Hospital. Ideal candidates will be friendly, hardworking and reliable.
The successful candidate will be required to work 3 days / 7 on a ROTA basis and will include weekend. IN return, we can guarantee 24 hours per week.Please note this position is rota based, therefore flexibility is required as shifts may fall on bank holidays.
Full address: BMI Gisburne Hospital, Park Road Guisburne BB7 4HX. Location of hospital can be difficult to get to with public transport. Access to own vehicle / reliable transport is required.
Responsible for the patient meal service in the hospital this role will involve direct interaction with Patients and Medical staff on ward areas during meal times with main duties to include:
- Preparing of Breakfast, lunch & dinner meals and refreshments and deliver direct to patients
- Deliver menus and take orders from patients, giving help and advice where necessary on allergens and dietary requirements
- Offer a hot beverage round during each service
- Clear down ward areas and wash up dirty dishes ensuring that the kitchen is fully prepared for next service
- Liaise with ward staff to ensure patients’ needs are met in a timely manner
- Offering a great customer service by putting the patient first
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fastpaced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Previous Catering experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be given
- Exclusive offers on Perks at Working including, Discounts, Cinema Discount, Reloadable, Shopping Cards, Holiday Discounts and many more
- Development opportunities including funded apprenticeships
- Health and wellbeing programme
- Compass Pension Scheme
- Reward & recognition programme
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.