Food & Beverage Assistant [The Princess Grace Hospital]
An exciting opportunity to join our talented Food & Beverage Team has become available at the prestigious Princess Grace Hospital (W1U 5NY). Our Food & Beverage services include Patient Dining, Staff Dining, and Hospitality which means our Food & Beverage Assistants interact with Patients, Guests and other hospital colleagues. We are currently recruiting full-time and part-time Bank Food & Beverage Assistant to help maintain our high standards of Patient & Guest Satisfaction.
This role is ideal for an individual with a caring nature and outgoing personality. This is a full-time role with flexible hours on a weekly rota basis, usually from either 7am till 3pm (early shift) or 2pm till 10pm (late shift).
The Food & Beverage Team is part of Medirest Signature; the specialist private healthcare arm of Compass Group UK & Ireland Ltd. Medirest Signature draws on the healthcare heritage of Compass Group as well as the world-leading foodservice expertise, in order to deliver 5-star support services to the private healthcare market.
As a Food & Beverage Assistant you will largely be responsible for the Patient Dining services. This service involves direct interaction with Patients, Guests and Clinical Teams. Main duties include;
- Greeting patients and guests, delivering their menus, taking their orders, advising where necessary on allergens and dietary requirements
- Working with the culinary teams to prepare and present Breakfast, Lunch & Supper meals
- Delivering meals directly to patients with an enthusiastic attitude
- Offering and serving hot beverage rounds
- Clearing down of wards and maintain a hygienic catering environment
- Liaise with Clinical Teams to ensure patients’ needs are met in a timely manner
- Offer a great guest service by putting the patient first
- Above all else; customer-service skills! These are a must for this role as it requires direct interaction with patients
- Previous catering and healthcare experience are desirable but not essential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced healthcare environment and a flexible approach to working patterns
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.