Housekeeping Shift Manager (Weekends) - Kings College Hospital, London
We have an opening for a talented individual who has a wealth of knowledge within domestic/housekeeping to come and join the Compass Group team at Kings College Hospital as our Housekeeping Shift Manager.
Kings College Hospital is one of London's largest and busiest teaching hospitals, with a strong profile of local services primarily serving the boroughs of Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham and Bromley.
The Housekeeping Shift Manager will be responsible for Housekeeping operations across the contract ensuring good working relationships and communication with Department leads. Housekeeping will be the focus but an overview of portering and catering functions will also be required. You will be responsible for over seeing all aspects of site operations at weekends with a hands on management style to include effective problem solving and planning.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working across housekeeping, catering and portering departments to resolve operational issues liaising with trust colleagues as appropriate.
- Utilising your team in accordance with the duty rosters ensuring their most effective and economic deployment.
- Ensuring that a high standard of customer service is a priority, whilst understanding the importance of the efficient use of resources.
- Responsibility for implementing policies and proposals for change in the housekeeping Services.
- Complying with departmental/Trust policies and procedures in relation to infection control.
- Ensuring that equipment is in good working order and that staff use it correctly.
- Supervising the day-to-day operation of shift operations including responsibility for first stage disciplinary, appraisals and absence management.
- Undertaking inspections, surveys or audits to plan
- Regularly meet with teams to address issues and improve performance.
- Deliver frontline training to direst reports
We are looking for applications from candidates who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Experience of multiservice hospital FM functions including cleaning , catering and portering services
- The ability to explain technical issues to staff, to assess staff training requirements and to provide advice, instruction and training.
- Posess good working knowledge of cleaning techniques through experience and training.
- Stong team leadership/supervisory skills and an understanding of the different roles and skills of team members.
- The ability to organise the day-to-day work of the Housekeeping services team and adjust as necessary for unplanned absences.
- The ability to make judgements and decisions using own initiative, which may be critical to the effective delivery of services.
- Have a good understanding of Health and Safety at work in order to make judgements on compliance and resolve any issues.
- Good understanding of Manual Handling and Infection Control issues.
- Up to £30,000 per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- 40hrs per week - weekends + 3 week days
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.