Finance Assistant - Birmingham
Our central team is seeking a Finance Assistant to join the team and work in one of our exciting business sectors.
Working with a qualified Accountant, the Finance Assistant will be responsible for gathering data for month end reports, client reports, budgeting and cash analysis. If you enjoy working with a variety of people, interacting with different stakeholders and Commercial Finance Manager, this is the perfect role for you as there will be constant communication between the teams. If you enjoy preparing reports, reconciling accounts and ensuring budgets and forecasts are correct, read on.
This is a great opportunity for an individual to join a busy and bustling finance team whilst working towards your formal finance qualification.
As a Finance Assistant, your responsibilities will included and not be limited to;
- Consolidate information in a timely and accurate manner
- Preparation of detailed monthly files and reconciliations
- Generation of sales invoices and credit notes
- Support in the resolution of business queries
- Support debt management
- Management of queries inbox
- Support closing monthly accounts ensuring sales and costs are accurately and appropriately recognised
- Understand variances to budget and forecasts
- Continually review and improve processes to ensure an efficient approach
- Preparation of key business reporting – month end reports, client reports, budgets, cash analysis
- Liaise with clients to resolve any queries and build relationships
- Preparation of regular business reports
- Understand key drivers of the business and support in driving business performance
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process
We’re seeking a motivated, driven and interested Finance Assistant to join our team, the perfect candidate will have the following;
- Experience in a finance role, supporting management accounts
- AAT qualified and studying for further qualifications
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Have an inquisitive and intriguing outlook with confidence to approach the business
- Adaptable to working from home scenario
- Ability to relay information quickly, concisely and clearly
- Excellent communication skills
- Competitive salary, dependant on experience
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Good holiday package
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.