Catering Supervisor - Wellington Hospital
Are you a natural leader? Do you have the ability motivate and coach team members to achieve the desired results? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a Supervisor to join the family. We are looking for a new member to lead our highly dedicated catering team, delivering outstanding catering services for patients, visitors and staff of the hospital.
As a Supervisor, you will play a vital role in ensuring all catering areas are kept to our highest standard. Our patient catering service provides a warm and welcoming environment for patients, every day is different and by facilitating patient’s nutrition and hydration needs, you can make a real difference!
Medirest Signature is the specialist private healthcare division of Compass Group UK & Ireland. As the UK’s leading healthcare support service provider, our aim is to improve patient satisfaction by providing a clean and hygienic environment.
- Supervise the Catering team effectively
- Maintain staff rota’s and ensure all areas are covered
- Ensure the highest level of catering standards are met within your team at all times.
- Support the Catering Manager with changing business demands.
- Liaise with Ward staff, Doctors and nurses in an efficient and professional manner.
- Hold performance reviews with new starters and existing staff.
- Carry out return to work interviews for staff that have been absent.
- Undertake and record all training.
- Coach and support team with any training or day to day issues that may arise.
· Complete audits whilst also achieving the service and product delivery standard
- Previous experience supervising large teams, completing rotas, performance reviews and return to work interviews.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Quality driven, with a sound knowledge of health and safety, infection control and an awareness of food and hygiene standards.
- Passionate about patient care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will meet patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress
- Possess good IT skills; fully competent in Microsoft Office and educated to GCSE level in English and Maths.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check; costs met by the employer.
- £12 per hour, 35 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Why join Medirest Signature?
- Guaranteed minimum hours – this is not a ‘0’ hour position
- Attractive core benefits ranging from retail discounts/cheap cinema tickets all the way up to savings on mortgages and utilities, for you and up to 5 additional family members or close friends.
- Optional Learning & Development and the chance to learn new skills at no cost. Opportunities range from Talent programmes that develop future supervisors and managers, all the way to nationally- recognised apprenticeship qualifications that could unlock the next chapter in your career
- The pride of contributing to the recovery and welfare of our patients
- Team activities available including festive parties and summer BBQs
- Work-life balance
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.