Chartwells is the UK’s leading Contract Caterer for the Education sector. Bringing the education sector innovative, creative and absolutely delicious food where mealtimes are made fun!
With a large client portfolio which spans across the UK, the team is proud to be part of Chartwells, working with Independent and State Schools, Universities, Colleges and many other educational facilities!
Excitingly, we are looking to expand the team which works with one of our biggest Clients in the London area; we are currently seeking two Area Managers to join our team! Working closely with the Contract Manager, the Area Managers are responsible for a portfolio of around 12 Schools which are made up of both Secondary and Primary.
Our Area Managers tend to be term time only – working 42.6 weeks of the year, travelling to each of the different sites to ensure that our team is delivering the best possible service to our Clients. This is a wonderful opportunity where the Area Manager will spend the most of their week visiting various different sites working with the Chef Managers and General Managers to deliver the best Contract Catering service.
Whilst Area Managers are on site, their duty is to ensure the following;
- Health and Safety training is up to date and delivered
- SLAs/KPIs are being met and exceeded
- Audits are taken and completed
- Assist with complex or any escalated queries across the team
- Understand GP and KPIs and how to develop these
- Attend and participate Client meetings every six weeks
Our Area Managers have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in Contract Catering or come from an Education environment
- Organised approach to work in order to prioritise time and visits
- Proactive approach to work that needs to happen on contracts
- Proven ability to work in line with SLAs and KPIs
- Ability to conduct and complete a variety of audits
- Proven experience in delivering training
- Happy to travel to and from different sites
- Management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build lasting relationships with Managers and Stakeholders
Please note that the successful candidates will need to partake in an enhanced DBS before starting the position.
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- 40 hours per week, term time only (44.6 weeks per year)
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.