Dual site – Reading and Northampton
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Location Accountant to look after two of our key sporting venues. The purpose of the Location Accountant is to provide in-unit commercial finance support for both units, adhering to Compass policies and guidelines and working closely with the clients on key financial and operational deliverables.
You will actively participate in the development of a “One Compass” UK Finance Function to continually improve service levels, cost effectiveness and add value to commercial activities undertaken.
As the Location Accountant you will be responsible for the following areas:
- Timely reporting of multiple Revenue stream P&Ls
- Monthly reporting of management accounts
- Ensure financial implications of client contracts are understood and enforced
- Develop action plans with Operations to improve margins while maintaining customer experience
- Reconciliation and allocation of all costs to net profit
- Proactively work with credit control, operations and the client to ensure invoiced debt is collected to terms
- Optimise consumer pricing with operations and data analyst to increase revenue and margins through understanding of spend per head / cover volumes and average transaction values for different events
- Weekly/quarterly forecasting & annual Budgets
- Ensure all revenue is captured, recorded and reconciled and that cash & credit controls are in place
- Ensure adequate financial controls are operating on site to minimise / eliminate risk of losses & theft
- Ensure contracts and controls and being operated in line with Finance and IS + Legal Core Signatures
- Ability to analyse and evaluate information in a clear and concise way
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate oral and written information concisely and logically
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with a close attention to detail
- A dynamic team player with a flexible approach
- Good Excel Skills to an intermediate level
- Self-motivated with an ability to effectively
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.