Senior Staff Nurse
As one of our Senior Staff Nurse's, you will
You’ll be working in a team full of fantastic people as a Customer Service Assistant. After all, who doesn’t dream about coming into work, doing what they love and spending time with friends?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Band7 Nurse Specialist (GP Practice, equivalent grade) at the Army Foundation College Harrogate.
The successful candidate will be part of the nursing management team within the medical facility and will be expected to be a focal point for Primary Health Care nursing within the area of practice, working unsupervised, leading a team of experienced nurses and health care assistants in providing nursing care to the medical facility population at risk.
The successful candidate will carry continuing responsibility for the assessment of care needs and provide a range of clinical and management services as well as having line management, training and clinical supervision responsibilities for junior nurses and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
Job responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking technical nursing treatments for patients with complex/specialist healthcare needs e.g. wound care, smear tests.
- Assisting with the care of patients with chronic illnesses e.g. Asthma, Family Planning, Diabetes and hypertension ensuring continued maintenance of the Chronic Disease Register
- Developing plans to meet the health needs of patients including diagnostic tests; treatment plans, health promotion and prevention.
- Supervising and supporting education and development needs of colleagues, less experienced staff and trainees (such as Health Care Assistants, Combat Medical Technicians). Advise and support the development of team members and attached learning staff.
- Supervising and assessing clinical staff performance and development and conduct performance review process