- Thousands of pounds raised for charities
- Thousands of meals donated and provided in local communities
This Christmas, Compass Group UK & Ireland’s sectors, regions and teams have joined forces with several charities, in a bid to support local communities and continue its ethos of doing some good during the festive period.
Highlights of activity include -
- One Retail has raised £27,000 for Alzheimer's Society with their annual ‘Elf Week’, where colleagues dressed up as elves to put a smile on people’s faces.
- Compass Scotland has teamed up with The Larder, a charity geared towards fighting poverty and hunger. Together they will deliver over 70 Christmas dinners as part of the charity’s Community Cafes and around 300 meals to local people, who don’t have regular access to food, such as those within homeless shelters.
- Compass Cymru’s work to support Welsh homelessness charity, Llamau has culminated this year with a three-course Christmas dinner being cooked for around 90 people, plus a party to celebrate their work throughout the year.
- Steamplicity has provided Christmas meals for Herts Musical Moments, to help this charity celebrate Christmas with its members.
- ESS Defence colleagues in the Wales & West Midlands region recently presented £18,000 split between ABF The Soldiers’ Charity and the RAF Benevolent Fund raised through a series of individual and team challenges and activities.
- The ESS Energy team are preparing and delivering 4,500 meals for charities and community organisations supporting those in need this Christmas. Recipients will be given a meal pack containing a range of dishes that will feed them for several days over Christmas.
- Chartwells has been working with Feeding Britain. They have run a number of nutritional workshops as part of the Holiday Feeding Programme.
- Dine and Compass Recruits have donated food to StedyChefs who created 100 hampers to support local charities and families.
- A group at Foodbuy took part in a Christmas cake decorating masterclass to raise money for their charity partner, Duchenne UK. The event brought the staff together for a great evening of creativity and giving.
Laura Neville, Head of Social Value at Compass Group UK & Ireland said: “With people at the heart of our business it’s important to work with local communities to make a difference at this time of year especially. It’s great to see so many people from across our business involved in these activities in some way and I am proud of what we have been able to achieve this Christmas. Our people never fail to amaze me with their generosity of time and kindness to help others.”