Compass Group UK & Ireland is celebrating after their teams won an impressive six awards at the annual Foodservice Cateys.
Now in its ninth year, the Foodservice Cateys took place on 21st October 2022 to recognise the individuals, teams and businesses shaping the foodservice industry and tirelessly delivering exceptional service day in, day out.
The UK’s leading workplace caterers, Eurest, won a fantastic three awards for:
- CSER Award – Eurest – for their exceptional work as they strive to meet Net Zero by 2030
- Business and Industry Caterer of the Year – Eurest – “raising the bar for the sector with its social and environmental strategy.”
- Healthy Eating Champion – Rees Bramwell, Eurest – the judges commented “for one person to lead a sea-change in the UK’s biggest caterer is extremely impressive.”
Commenting on the wins Morag Freathy, Managing Director, Business and Industry said:
“These awards are a ringing endorsement of our strategy to put people and the planet first in everything we do at Eurest. But it is good news for our clients, too, because by having those strategies in place we are also helping them achieve their own sustainability goals and to nudge their employees into healthier lifestyles. So much hard work at all levels has gone into setting and meeting a range of commitments that were the backbone of this award, including a commitment to be Net Zero by the end of 2030 and a promise for 60% of recipes to be plant-based by the end of 2024.
“However, the real key is the buy-in we’ve had from all our employees, and all our clients, to chase those goals together. So, these awards are really for everyone.”
In addition, Compass teams also achieved wins for:
- Best Use of Technology – Chartwells Higher Education and Compass Group Digital & Technology Team – who demonstrated how they are transforming the communication, relationship and experience between students and caterers, driving sustainability both operationally and educationally. Enabled by a new digital-led operating model where students pay for everything in advance via our Uni Food Hub App or digital kiosk.
- People and Training Award – ESS – who were recognised for the delivery of their wellness commitments and strategy, as well as their highly regarded approach to employee wellbeing and engagement.
The evening was topped off with Compass Group UK & Ireland Culinary Director, Nick Vadis, receiving the Outstanding Contribution Award – the award is open to chefs from all sectors, recognising an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the industry.
Commenting on the wins, Robin Mills, Managing Director of Compass Group UK & Ireland said:
“The Foodservice Cateys are prestigious awards for our teams to have won and to have brought home six is quite an achievement. For me, it’s not only great recognition of our teams who regularly go above and beyond, but it’s particularly welcome that the awards we won showcase our great work in sustainability, healthy eating and innovation.
“These awards are testament to the incredible dedication and talent we have in our organisation, to ensure we’re delivering the very best for our people, clients and the customers that we serve every single day. A huge well done to all involved.”