Compass Group UK & Ireland, the UK’s largest food and support services firm, recognised the outstanding talent and services of its employees at its annual Be A Star Awards.
The annual event was held on Thursday November 17, at the Natural History Museum in London and celebrated colleagues who have gone the extra mile to deliver an exceptional service to clients and customers.
As an employer of 60,000 people, being shortlisted for a Be A Star Award is quite an achievement. Throughout the year, colleagues and clients are able to nominate those who they believe have gone above and beyond and shortlisted candidates are then entered into a final judging process before the winners are announced.
Out of 200 shortlisted nominees, nine winners were announced during the evening across seven categories which reflect the key values of the business, including: Responsibility, Teamwork, Passion, Can-do, Integrity, Health & Safety and Compass Group UK & Ireland’s framework to deliver operational excellence across its sites - ROAR.
Fiona Ryland, HR Director at Compass Group UK & Ireland, said: “Be A Star is one of my favourite events of the year. Our winners are truly inspirational and this awards ceremony is such a great opportunity to celebrate our people and thank them for all that they do.
“As a business that operates across a number of different sectors, whether it be security, catering or front of house, it is essential that we always aim deliver the best service to our clients and customers. This event reflects the dedication that our colleagues put into their work on a daily basis and I would like to congratulate every person who was shortlisted.”
Rosemary Boulter, from Compass Group Ireland, who picked up the Teamwork award on behalf of her colleagues at Lagan College, said: “We’re so happy we have won this award this evening. Our boss put us forward for it and we are so pleased to take this home for all the team.”
Notes to Editors:
A description of the awards and details of winners are as follows:
- Responsibility – To overcome challenging situations or deliver difficult projects. This often involves stepping up and being accountable for delivering a great service and making a positive contribution to the company.
Winner: Colette Bartie, ESS
- Teamwork – To demonstrate outstanding results by working together as a team. This could be by overcoming obstacles, sharing best practice or motivating, inspiring and supporting others.
Winners: Thomas Parkin, Healthcare and Lagan College, Compass Group Ireland
- Passion – To live and breathe the company values and go above and beyond their day to day roles. This could be by motivating teams, continually setting high standards, promoting new products and services or developing innovative new ideas.
Winner: Ian Gaydon, VSG
Can-do – To demonstrate how to go the extra mile to deliver great results. This could be by overcoming obstacles and barriers, working smarter, encouraging others, having a positive approach, delivering above expectations or a combination of all of these factors.
Winner: Martin Welding, Levy Restaurants UK
Integrity – To demonstrate high ethical and professional standards. These high standards are often evidenced through honest feedback, showing respect for others and taking on responsibility for ensuring things are done in the best possible way.
Winner: Deloitte Team, Rapport
- HSE – To find and implement ways to improve our approach to HSE. This is linked to helping ensure others work and act safely, being proactive in improving safety or taking ownership of HSE at a local level.
Winner: David Fotheringham, Instore
- ROAR – To come up with brilliant solutions to problems or opportunities as part of a ROAR session.
Winners: Adrian Nel and Cameron Collier, Rapport
For more information contact:
UK Communications Team
Compass Group UK & Ireland
01895 554 999